Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Review: Athleta Fast Track Tee.



Lately I've been spending a lot of my after-work hours at the gym. I lift weights which I enjoy in a solitary way. Of course I'd rather be on my bike but I also dig the challenge of lifting heavy things and I like the peaceful exhaustion from a workout well done.

Like spinning, I prefer my weight lifting tops to be unrevealing and functional. (Like, this one just mystifies me. It's cute, but what can you actually do in that?)  If I'm deadlifting I don't really want to be thinking about how much I'm exposing when I lean over the bar. I am about to pick up something that weighs nearly as much as I do, so I don't really give a shit about looking busty and cute.

I do, however, want my workout clothes to be well-fitting and functional. I don't want to hike up my pants or constantly pull my shirt hem down so I'm always looking for well-designed solutions to these problems. A while back I ordered the Fast Track Tee from Athleta because it made some bold claims and the reviews were pretty good. Also, it's on sale:

Fast Track Tee

It's good stuff. Breathable fabric, flattering ruching business around the middle, and, my favorite detail, grippers in the hem which mostly help keep it in place.  It's also really comfortable and doesn't have any itchy seams or weird tags. This is what it looks like on me in a sweaty-locker-room-sucking-it-in-selfie kinda way:



I was wearing it so often that I went ahead and bought another one in the pale grey color. They have a new version in cute spring colors, but that one isn't on sale yet so, eh. Wait for a sale price, I always say.

4 comments:

  1. I have those same leopard Nikes! Good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love. I go to the gym a lot so I'm checking this out. Can I be a pain and ask which trainers you're wearing? They're great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're Nike! I love them. Here: http://www.footlocker.com/product/model:211004/sku:38680004/nike-free-tr-connect-2-womens/black/grey/?cm=GLOBAL%20SEARCH%3A%20KEYWORD%20SEARCH

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'm in Australia so going to try to source them here (unfortunately, everything is hard to find and expensive to ship, but these are so good I'll pay international shipping).

      Delete